atomslots.net supports responsible gambling.
Online gambling is a mere form of entertainment and should be treated accordingly, quality pastime being the most important outcome.
There are two basic rules you must follow in order to ensure you gamble responsibly:
- Set financial limits and respect them
- Be informed. Learn all rules and winning odds before playing.
The characteristics of a responsible gambler are the following:
- Responsible gamblers treat gambling as a social activity
- Responsible gamblers know their financial limits and stick to them
- Responsible gamblers understand that casino wins are predetermined and almost always in favor of the casino
- Responsible gamblers know that gambling is enjoyed with moderation
- Responsible gamblers choose to gamble and do not let themselves be pressured by others into performing gambling activities
- Responsible gamblers gamble for fun only
The moment you stop enjoying the time spent gambling is the first red flag that lets you know you have crossed the border between “entertainment” and “addiction”. In order to remain in the “responsible gambling area”, ask yourself the following questions. A positive answer to at least 7 of these questions is a clear sign that you might need professional help.
- Do you feel the need to continue gambling after a win?
- Do you borrow money in order to keep on gambling?
- Do you feel a compulsive need to win back what you lost?
- Do you find it hard to gamble for a predetermined period of time?
- Do you gamble all your money?
- Have you built up a bad reputation by gambling?
- Does gambling make you unhappy?
- After losing, do you feel regret?
- Do you use gambling as a form of celebration?
- Do you ever skip your job in order to gamble?
- Do you use gambling as a way to get out of a financial swamp?
- Have you ever sold any personal items in order to acquire more money for gambling?
- Do you have a separate fund just for gambling, which you avoid to use for any other expenses?
- Do you use gambling as a way to escape your day-to-day worries or stress?
- Does gambling or your gambling scores keep you up at night?
- Does gambling or the lack of it make you feel inefficient or unambitious?
- Do you feel that gambling is a way to escape stress after having an argument?
- Have you ever stolen or considered stealing in order to finance your gambling?
- Does gambling interfere with the relationship you have with your friends or family?
- Have you ever considered suicide as a result of your lack of luck in gambling?
If at any given time you feel you have lost control over your hobby of gambling, please seek help immediately by clicking here.
Tips for safe gambling
Responsible gambling is easily performed if you follow a simple set of rules to ensure you continue gambling for recreational purposes:
- Keep it fun
- Set a financial limit for yourself and respect it thoroughly. Use a prepaid card if it makes this easier for you.
- Play during a predetermined timeframe. Set a time limit and respect it.
- Know when to call it quits. If you’ve started a losing streak, playing continuously in order to win back your lost amounts is not the best solution. Winning 100% of times is unrealistic.
- Only play at reliable online casinos that have an eCOGRA certificate and casino license. Online reviews of other players also help.
- If you must, use specific organizations that help monitor your gambling habits. This way you will always know where you stand.